Re: What are the advantages of not being able to access multiple databases with one connection? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: What are the advantages of not being able to access multiple databases with one connection?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> functional gap here.  I am not sure I'd bother implementing the
> multi-database concept today if we didn't have it already ... but it
> seems kind of pointless to rip it out given that it's already there.

It's very useful for webhosts.  You can give each user their own private
database and not worry about them hacking into other peoples'.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.