Re: initdb: The password file was not generated. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb: The password file was not generated.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Erik Rijkers" <er@xs4all.nl> writes:
> While test building from CVS head on fedora 10 (also on fedora 6), I get:
> initializing pg_authid ... ok
> setting password ... ok
> initdb: The password file was not generated. Please report this problem.
> initdb: removing data directory "/home/super/pg_stuff/pg_installations/pgsql.cvs_vanilla/data"

[ blink... ]  initdb is looking for the flat password file.  Which is
not there anymore.  I guess the real question is not why it fails for
you, but why it works for anyone else!?  Will investigate.  In the
meantime, just dike out that test in initdb.c...