Re: release notes.. added stefan - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: release notes.. added stefan
Date
List pgsql-docs
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> It might be worth reminding folks that the release notes do not
>> exist for the purpose of mentioning contributors.

> Then why do we mention them at all in the release notes?

You've got the motivation backwards.  We mention the responsible
(blameworthy?) persons when describing a change that users might
find interesting.  We don't insert release-note entries that users
wouldn't find interesting, just for the purpose of mentioning who
did it.  Which seemed to me to be mostly the point of your proposed
addition.

            regards, tom lane