Re: Great site for comparing databases (or anything else) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: Great site for comparing databases (or anything else)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 28/10/12 12:29, Leif Biberg Kristensen wrote:
>   Søndag 28. oktober 2012 01.17.45 skrev Gavin Flower :
>> Also note that for features that are obviously complicated or advanced,
>> Postgres tends to a lot better than MySQL.
> It's like comparing BASIC to C. BASIC has a low threshold, but you will very
> quickly bump your head against the wall.
>
> MySQL, the BASIC of db engines?
>
> regards, Leif

I have used both MySQL & Postgres: I feel a lot more comfortable with
Postgres, as it seems to be both simpler and more sophisticated.  MySQL
has several DB engines for different purposes, Postgres has just one
that appears to be more capable than the collection of features from all
the MySQL DB engines combined.  In the last 12 years I've gone looking
for comparisons between them 3 times; and each time, Postgres comes out
better overall.

Cheers,
Gavin