Re: [RFC] CREATE QUEUE (log-only table) for londiste/pgQ ccompatibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [RFC] CREATE QUEUE (log-only table) for londiste/pgQ ccompatibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> WAL-only tables/queues "prohobit" none of what you claim above, you just
> implement in a (loosely) MVCC way by keeping track of what events are
> processed.

Well, per our discussion here in person, I'm not convinced that this
buys us anything in the "let's replace AMQ" case.  However, as I pointed
out in my last email, this feature doesn't need to replace AMQ to be
useful.  Let's focus on the original use case of supplying a queue which
Londiste and Slony can use, which is a sufficient motivation to push the
feature if the Slony and Londiste folks think it's good enough (and it
seems that they do).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.