Re: Tons of free RAM. Can't make it go away. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: Tons of free RAM. Can't make it go away.
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 10/22/2012 01:14 PM, Claudio Freire wrote:

> You may want to try setting the numa policy before launching postgres:
>
> numactl --interleave=all pg_ctl start

I thought about that. I'd try it on one of our stage nodes, but both of
them show an even memory split. I'm not sure why our prod node is acting
this way. We've used bcfg2 so every server has the exact same
configuration, including kernel parameters, startup settings, and so on.
I can only conclude that there's something about the activity itself
that's causing it.

I'll have to take another look after the market closes to see if the
unallocated chunk shrinks.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534