Re: Migration from Postgresql 9 to Oracle 10g - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Grant Allen
Subject Re: Migration from Postgresql 9 to Oracle 10g
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 18/10/2012 02:13, Shams Khan wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> I am in the process of migration from PG 9 to oracle. All of the
> database objects has been migrated apart from functions. The main
> issue I am facing with function code where DML statements are used in
> the code. On the other side, Oracle doesn't support DML's in functions
> or procedures.

Er, what?  What exactly do you mean "Oracle doesn't support DML's in ... procedures"?  Several million Oracle
developerswill be shocked to hear they've been writing phantom code updating, inserting, deleting etc. in their PL/SQL.
Assuming that's what you mean by DML.  Can you provide an example?

And +1 to the other comments on being curious about the motivation for the migration in this direction.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)