Re: Deprecations in authentication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Deprecations in authentication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/18/2012 04:43 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:

> On 18 October 2012 12:20, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
>> Since Simon stirred up a hornets nest suggesting deprecation of a
>> number of features, I figured I'd take it one step further and suggest
>> removal of some previously deprecated features :)
>
> I'm laughing at the analogy that angry and unintelligent agents
> responded to my proposals, but there was no stirring action from me.

I believe the stirring occurred when you dropped the idea in the
proverbial bucket. It is not possible to drop even the tiniest pebble
into any ideology of our community without some plague causing flying
insects swarming just in case. You and I, included.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579