Re: Migration from Postgresql 9 to Oracle 10g - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From mike@trausch.us
Subject Re: Migration from Postgresql 9 to Oracle 10g
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 10/18/2012 05:02 AM, frank@frank.uvena.de wrote:
> Am 2012-10-18 10:31, schrieb Gabriele Bartolini:
>
>> Just for the record and to understand if this is due to PostgreSQL
>> limitations, are you in a position to give us technical/product
>> reasons for this decision?
>
> I'd like to also know reasons for this....

I'll admit, I'm curious, too.

I've helped people move from all sorts of databases to PostgreSQL over
the years, and usually the major concerns are getting away from
proprietary/expensive/insecure/unsafe and/or discontinued systems,
Oracle included in that.

    --- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”

Attachment