Re: BUG #7604: adding criteria to a query against a view in 9.2 expands the results instead of constraining them - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bill MacArthur
Subject Re: BUG #7604: adding criteria to a query against a view in 9.2 expands the results instead of constraining them
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 10/15/2012 12:18 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> webmaster@dhs-club.com writes:
>> vip_declines_mailers_base is another VIEW that merely adds some criteria to
>> limit the result set of the 'base' VIEW. In versions 9.0 and back it did
>> just that. After upgrading to 9.2, the criteria actually expand the result
>> set.
>
> This doesn't seem to match any of the known bugs in 9.2, so I'm afraid
> there's no help for it: you need to create a self-contained test case.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Tom, in preparation for a test case I created a new schema (testcase) and copied 6 tables to that, including only the
columnssignificant to enable the VIEWs to be created. I took the 3 VIEWs involved and tweaked them into the new schema
(justrenamed to testcase.viewname and referencing testcase.relation). However, when run from in there, the results are
asexpected rather than erroneous. The live data and VIEWs still produce erroneous results. Any clues??