Re: Securing .pgpass File? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: Securing .pgpass File?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/02/2012 04:19 PM, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> - Punt. Check in the password but set the access controls so it only
>    work for very few IPs, then you only need to worry about people who
>    can log into *those* machines.  Which is controlled by public SSH
>    keys which you can check-in safely.  Not super safe, but for
>    read-only accounts for e.g.  nagios might be ok.

I think this is the right answer for us. :) I'll just go through each
specialized user we have now (replication, performance metrics, slony)
and make IP->IP locked-down cases for all of them.

It just feels wrong, somehow. :)

Thanks again, everyone!

--
Shaun Thomas