Re: Hash id in pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: Hash id in pg_stat_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01-10-2012 11:22, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> As long as we *tell* them under what conditions it might change, I
> think it's perfectly fine. Particularly those who are likely to use
> this functionality should certainly be capable of understanding that.

Even if we do that it is too much work for those statistics tools, isn't it?
Instead of relying on internal structures hash, why don't you expose the query
text hash to such tools? If you solve the space normalizations, it is an
almost perfect solution for your use case.

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento