Re: Suggestion for improving Archives - Mailing list pgsql-www

From John Hansen
Subject Re: Suggestion for improving Archives
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

> I could configure search daemon at pgsql.ru to allow search
> requests from archives.postgresl.org via perl interface, so
> results could be wrapped into any design.

I currently run search.postgresql.org, and it can be integrated into any
design as well, either using the (ASPseek) method of a html-like
template, or using XSL (the daemon can be configured to output XML).

> > Drop the search interface and replace it with links to pgsql.ru and
> > Google Groups.
> >
> > Both of those resources are faster and better search
> engines than the Mhonarc
> > search could ever be, and neither eats CPU time on hub.org.   Yes?

However, only one of those resources, pgsql.ru, could be made to make
available new threads on an hourly basis, or maybe even realtime.

Either way, I'm not fuzzed, whichever works the best.

... John