Re: Problems with PostGreSQL and Windows 2003 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From claudia.amorim@pcinformatica.com.br
Subject Re: Problems with PostGreSQL and Windows 2003
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

When I set shared buffers higher than 1GB, PostGreSQL doens't start.

When my application crashes I receive a message "Out of memory" or
"invalid  sql statement". But the sql statement is ok - if I execute it
in a table with less registers, it works and it is very simple. When I monitor
the processes
I can see that PostGreSQL allocs only 700 MB of memory, and my application 2GB.
Total: 3GB.
My program was made in Delphi 2006, and I use ADO via ODBC to connect to
PostGreSQL.

The structure of my table:

CREATE TABLE "public"."fato_financeiro" (
  "CODCLI" VARCHAR(6),
  "PREST" VARCHAR(4) NOT NULL,
  "NUMTRANSVENDA" VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL,
  "RECNUM" VARCHAR(8) NOT NULL,
  "CODFORNEC" VARCHAR(8),
  "TIPO" VARCHAR(2),
  "NUMDOC" VARCHAR(10),
  "PREST_1" VARCHAR(4),
  "VALOR" DOUBLE PRECISION,
  "DTEMISSAO" TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE,
  "DTVENC" TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE,
  "DTPAG" TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE,
  "VPAGO" DOUBLE PRECISION,
  "PAGO_PAG" VARCHAR(9),
  "ATRASADO" VARCHAR(3),
  CONSTRAINT "fato_financeiro_idx" PRIMARY KEY("PREST", "NUMTRANSVENDA", "RECNUM")
) WITHOUT OIDS;

SQL statement:

select
fato_financeiro."TIPO",