Re: [ADMIN] pg_upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2 failed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [ADMIN] pg_upgrade from 9.1.3 to 9.2 failed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/24/12 10:13 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> FWIW, what I found out last time I touched this code is that on many
> systems setlocale doesn't bother to return a canonicalized spelling;
> it just gives back the string you gave it.  It might be worth doing
> what Peter suggests, just to be consistent with what we are doing
> elsewhere, but I'm not sure how much it will help.

It might not have anything to do with the current problem, but if initdb
canonicalizes locale names, then pg_upgrade also has to.  Otherwise,
whenever an operating system changes its locale canonicalization rules,
pg_upgrade will fail.