Re: Configuration include directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Configuration include directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 24.09.2012 17:24, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas<hlinnakangas@vmware.com>  writes:
>> This seems pretty much ready to commit. One tiny detail that I'd like to
>> clarify: the docs say:
>
>>> Multiple files within an include directory are ordered by an alphanumeric sorting, so that ones beginning with
numbersare considered before those starting with letters.

>> To be more precise, the patch uses strcmp() for the comparisons.
>
> Just say it sorts the file names according to C locale rules.

Hmm, that's preceise, but I don't think an average user necessarily
knows what the C locale is. I think I'll go with:

Multiple files within an include directory are processed in filename
order. The filenames are ordered by C locale rules, ie. numbers before
letters, and uppercase letters before lowercase ones.

- Heikki