Re: Draft release notes complete - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Draft release notes complete
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/06/2012 03:43 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Sep  5, 2012 at 09:33:35PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>>> Correct.  I have always had a working SGML toolset.  If we are not going
>>> to have the developer site run more often, I will just go back to
>>> setting up my own public doc build, like I used to do.  I removed mine
>>> when the official one was more current/reliable --- if that has changed,
>>> I will return to my old setup, and publish my own URL for users to
>>> verify doc changes.
>>
>> How often do you want? After all,
>> <http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/index.html> is
>> presumably going to keep pointing to where it now points.
>
> Well, the old code checked every five minutes, and it rebuilt in 4
> minutes, so there was a max of 10 minutes delay.

the new code gives you a lot more though - it makes sure that the code
the docs refer to actually builds and passes testing, it uses the exact
same toolchain and setup/infrastructure that we build the official
snapshots/tarballs, the official PDFs and reuses an important piece of
our environment - the buildfarm-client.
I'm having a hard time understanding why getting a bit more frequency
for the odd "docs only"+"need to show somebody the html and not the
patch" requirement is really something we "need".

Stefan