Re: Draft release notes complete - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Draft release notes complete
Date
Re: Draft release notes complete  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/05/2012 11:01 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Andrew Dunstan (andrew@dunslane.net) wrote:
>> The buildfarm code does not run if there are no changes. The job
>> runs, sees that there are no changes, and exits.
> Right, hence it makes great sense to use it for this (as opposed to
> Bruce's previous script or some other new one).  While it might appear
> to be overkill, it actually does lots of useful and good things and
> integrates better with the existing setup anyway.
>
> Now that you've provided the magic sauce wrt --skip-steps, can we get an
> admin to implement a doc-only build that runs more frequently to update
> the dev docs..?
>
> Andrew, if we're going to rely on that, even just internally, perhaps we
> should go ahead and add documentation for it?

You mean in my copious spare time?

AIUI the only thing stopping the admins from doing what is wanted is a
shortage of tuits. I suspect if we're all a tiny bit patient it will happen.

But I guess they can speak for themselves.

cheers

andrew