Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 16 May 2024, at 20:30, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> The original intent of CommitFests, and of commitfest.postgresql.org
> by extension, was to provide a place where patches could be registered
> to indicate that they needed to be reviewed, thus enabling patch
> authors and patch reviewers to find each other in a reasonably
> efficient way. I don't think it's working any more.

But which part is broken though, the app, our commitfest process and workflow
and the its intent, or our assumption that we follow said process and workflow
which may or may not be backed by evidence?  IMHO, from being CMF many times,
there is a fair bit of the latter, which excacerbates the problem.  This is
harder to fix with more or better software though.

> I spent a good deal of time going through the CommitFest this week

And you deserve a big Thank You for that.

--
Daniel Gustafsson