Re: JDBC 5 million function insert returning Single Transaction Lock Access Exclusive Problem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: JDBC 5 million function insert returning Single Transaction Lock Access Exclusive Problem
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 08/30/2012 02:34 PM, Eileen wrote:

> In my case, a few problems occurred.  Number 1, the process ran at least
> 8 hours and never finished.

You're on a very old version of Pg, so you're missing out on a lot of
improvements made since then.

One of them is, if I recall correctly, an improvement to exception
handling efficiency. Does your function use BEGIN ... EXCEPTION to (say)
handle data validation errors?

--
Craig Ringer