Re: restricting non superuser from accessing other - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: restricting non superuser from accessing other
Date
List pgsql-general
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 14:35, David Garamond wrote:
>> Thanks! So I must modify and kill -HUP postmaster everytime a new db is
>> added. Is there something like this in pg_hba.conf?
>>
>> local owndb all md5

> No.  You would have to have:
>         local his_db that_user md5
> for each user/database combination.

CVS-tip documentation alleges that "sameuser" does what David wants,
at least as long as he names databases the same as their owners.

I'm too lazy to look to see if it's in any released versions ...

            regards, tom lane