Re: Windows SIngle Sign On - LINUX Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Windows SIngle Sign On - LINUX Server
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/25/2012 04:29 AM, Jeremy Palmer wrote:
> Marcus' guide looks great.
>
> So what's the pros/cons of using the Kerberos via GSSAPI method, rather than going for the SingleSignOn method
mentionedby Sunday?

The method on the Ubuntu wiki applies to the host OS as a whole.

Pg will still need to know how to auth users. It's possible this'll work
via the "pam" authentication method on a system configured to auth users
against AD+LDAP or against Kerberos. I haven't tried. If so, that
approach is probably fine.