Re: unexpected pageaddr - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unexpected pageaddr
Date
List pgsql-admin
Ray Stell <stellr@cns.vt.edu> writes:
> Streaming replication standby moved from 9.0.2->9.0.3 logs this up
> startup:

>  database system was shut down in recovery at 2011-02-02 15:28:51 EST
>  entering standby mode
>  redo starts at 0/65000170
>  consistent recovery state reached at 0/66000000
>  unexpected pageaddr 0/62000000 in log file 0, segment 102, offset 0
>  database system is ready to accept read only connections
>  streaming replication successfully connected to primary

> Is the standby hurt?

"unexpected pageaddr" is just one of the standard tests for detecting
end of WAL, so I don't think this is anything to be surprised about.
It looks to me like the standby applied all the WAL it had and then
connected to the master for more.

            regards, tom lane