Re: PG Installer - Licensing Issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: PG Installer - Licensing Issues
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/16/2012 06:46 PM, Andrew Hastie wrote:
> Thanks for your thoughts Craig, the issue with users having an
> existing PG installation is a definite concern.
>
> It sounds like you're recommending using the "ZIP Binaries", at least
> for MS Win installs
I wouldn't go as far as recommending. At this point it's something I
want to raise for discussion here.

Part of why I *wouldn't* necessarily recommend it is that there isn't
much documentation on manual setup for Windows. Where to go from here
will depend on what opinions turn out to be re using the unattended
installer for in-app bundling.

--
Craig Ringer