Re: cluster on conditional index? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: cluster on conditional index?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> That actually makes sense to me. Cluster the rows covered by that
> index, let the rest fall where they may. I'm typically only accessing
> the rows covered by that index, so I'd get the benefit of the cluster
> command but wouldn't have to spend cycles doing the cluster for rows I
> don't care about.

Sure, that's a feature request though.  And thinking about it, I'm
willing to bet that it's far harder to implement than it sounds.

In the meantime, you could ad-hoc this by splitting the table into two
partitions and clustering one of the two partitions.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.