Re: Add Metadata to Postgre SQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Add Metadata to Postgre SQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/14/12 2:15 AM, José Pedro Santos wrote:
> Dear Postgre Community,
>
> I would like to know if is possible to add metadata to Schemas. I have
> shemas with raster layers and I would like to add to them matadata. Is
> possbile in Postgre? If not how can I solve this problem?

raster layers/images stored as BYTEA data in a table?   store your
metadata either as extra fields in the same table, or in seperate
table(s) that you join.

or are you talking about some other sort of metadata?   that term is
fairly ambiguous, it just means data about data, which can mean almost
anything you want it to in practice.