Re: [HACKERS] pg_namespace -> pg_schema? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_namespace -> pg_schema?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
It's rumoured that Andreas Pflug once said:
>>No.  The choice of catalog name was deliberate: a namespace is not
>>necessarily identical to a schema.  In any case, I can see no value to
>>renaming it at this late date.
>
> I wonder if we should use the term NAMESPACE instead of SCHEMA in
> pgAdmin3. Any suggestions?

In pgAdmin II I deliberately folowed Tom's lead and called them Namespaces
internally and Schemas externally to avoid any confusion on the issue.
Oh, and of course the main class library was already called pgSchema...

Regards, Dave.