Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/19/24 07:37, Paul Foerster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have SLES 15.5 which has glibc 2.31. Our admin told us that he's about to install the SLES 15.6 update which
containsglibc 2.38.

> I have built our PostgreSQL software from source on SLES 15.5, because we have some special requirements which the
packagescannot fulfill. So I have questions:

> 1) Do I have to build it again on 15.6?
>
> 2) Does the glibc update have any impact? I recall having to have everything reindexed when the 2.28 update came due
tomajor locale changes, but I didn't have to do it since then.

> 3) Where and how can I find out if it is necessary to reindex? And how can I find out what indexes would be
affected.

> I'd really appreciate your comments. Thanks very much in advance.

I would take a look at:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Locale_data_changes

It refers to the glibc 2.8 change in particular, but includes some
generic tips that could prove useful.

The glibc change log below might also be useful:

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com