Re: Call for port reports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Call for port reports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
It's rumoured that Peter Eisentraut once said:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
>> Uh, I am not inclined to mark the port as OK if the parallel
>> regression tests fail --- what is the cause?
>
> They always have been on Cygwin.  This platform just can't handle that
> many parallel connections.

Previously though that just resulted in a few failed tests - the run
always completed. This time I'm seeing it hang at some random point in the
tests. The one difference between now and when I've run tests previously
is that I'm now running a centrino laptop.
I'll see if I can spend some more time on it later, though I have a very
large project going live on Monday so finding time might be tricky :-(
Regards, Dave.