Re: db partial dumping with pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: db partial dumping with pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What about a switch to set schema search path as well?

I'm leaning to the thought that this is a bad idea, and that pg_dump
should act in a way that's search-path-independent.  But I need to
think more.

> You could also just have the tables comma separated in the -t ??

Don't like it --- that makes comma a special character in pg_dump
tablename patterns, which is an exception we don't need to make.
The multiple-dash-t approach needs no such assumption.