Re: Messed up time zones - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Laszlo Nagy
Subject Re: Messed up time zones
Date
List pgsql-admin
 > [ shrug... ] If you really insist on re-inventing that wheel, go
ahead, but it sounds to me like you'll just be introducing additional
points of failure. regards, tom lane

I just checked some programming languages (Python, C#), and the same
problem exists there. All of them say that "when the time is ambiguous,
then it is assumed to be in standard time". So the representation is
ambiguous in various programming languages too. You are right - it would
be reinventing the wheel.

Although I don't like the fact that we are using an ambiguous system for
measuring time, after all the problem was in my head.  I'm sorry for
being hardheaded.