Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add ERROR msg for GLOBAL/LOCAL TEMP is not yet implemented - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add ERROR msg for GLOBAL/LOCAL TEMP is not yet implemented
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Because the current support for temporary tables is relatively
> similar to the standard's description of LOCAL TEMPORARY TABLES, but
> nothing at all like the standard's descri0ption of GLOBAL TEMPORARY
> TABLES.

Um ... did you read the spec before stating that?  In the previous
discussion of this, back in 2003, we concluded that LOCAL TEMP is
even further away from our current semantics than GLOBAL TEMP, because
the former means "local to a SQL module" and we don't have modules.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-04/msg00502.php