Re: Checkpointer split has broken things dramatically (was Re: DELETE vs TRUNCATE explanation) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Checkpointer split has broken things dramatically (was Re: DELETE vs TRUNCATE explanation)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 07/23/2012 09:04 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 07/23/2012 08:29 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure how you automate testing a pull-the-plug scenario.
>
> fire up kvm or qemu instances, then kill 'em.

Yeah, maybe. Knowing just when to kill them might be an interesting
question.

I'm also unsure how much nice cleanup the host supervisor does in such
cases. VMs are wonderful things, but they aren't always the answer. I'm
not saying they aren't here, just wondering.

cheers

andrew