Re: Isolation levels READ UNCOMMITTED and REPEATABLE READ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Isolation levels READ UNCOMMITTED and REPEATABLE READ
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think we could allow users to set the transaction isolation level to
> READ UNCOMMITTED or REPEATABLE READ and internally behave like READ
> COMMITTED or SERIALIZABLE, respectively.  The SQL standard seems to allow
> this:

My reading is that the spec *requires* this.  We have not done it
because there was some feeling that people would be confused if the
isolation levels appeared to exist but didn't really work as they
expected.  But a notice or something could help address that concern.