Re: pgAdmin3 beta version - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin3 beta version
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
It's rumoured that Jean-Michel POURE once said:
> Dear friends,
>
> 1) I am testing pgAdmin3 binary version compiled for Suse. When I try
> to  connect to a PostgreSQL 7.3 server, I get :
>
> 2003-05-04 09:41:58 ERROR  : Error connecting to the server: The
> PostgreSQL  server must be at least version 7,3!

Odd. Do any of your local settings use , in place of . in numerics?

> Should I use pgAdmin3 latest CVS version?

Always in the development cycle, but I don't think it will fix this problem.

> 2) Is there a .spec file available in CVS? I would like to compile
> pgAdmin3  for RedHat 8.0 and 9.0.

No. See my email of about 5 minutes ago to get help on that sort of thing.
The easiest way to compile is to follwo the instructions in the README at
the top of the source tree. They should be *roughly* correct.
Email if you get stuck.

Regards, Dave.