Re: Autoconf Work - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Autoconf Work
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
It's rumoured that Adam H.Pendleton once said:
> I'd be more than happy to help out with the autoconf portion of the
> PgAdmin III development.  Just give me a line as to where you would
> like me to begin.  :)

Hi Adam,

That'd be great, thanks for volunteering.

Knowing very little about autoconf, it's tricky for me to suggest where
you might start, but if you take a look at http://cvs.pgadmin.org/ the
source code is all in the pgadmin3 module. Some basic, but possibly out of
date notes on setting up a build environment are in the README.txt file.
In the src/ subdirectory is a manually written Makefile which is what we
would like to replace. Again, it's possible this is slightly out of date
as we tend to develop on Windows and update the makefile less frequently.
That's about it really. One last thing - it would probably help to
subscribe to pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org (just send a subscribe message
to pgadmin-hackers-request@postgresql.org). It's a relatively low traffic
list where we all ahng out and will be able to help out with any queries
you might have.
If you need anything, just shout!

Regards, Dave.