Re: Slackware 9 Build Problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Slackware 9 Build Problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
It's rumoured that brian janaszek once said:
> Hi--
>
> I've recently installed Slackware 9 (after using Mandrake and RedHat in
> the  past), and I've been attempted to build both Postgres 7.3 and 7.1,
> and I'm  not having success with either of them.
>
> The configure script runs fine, but when I attempt 'gmake', I get a
> long list  of parse errors and warnings, and the build fails.
>
> gcc version is 3.2.2 and gmake is 3.80.
>
> I'd be glad to send the gmake output to a text file and post that if it
> might  help.

Hi Brian,

I doubt I'll be able to solve the actual problem for you, but just so you
know it can be done, I've compiled and built PostgreSQL 7.3.2 with no
problems on Slackware 9 (actually there were problems running it but that
turned out to be a buggy bios).
Regards, Dave