Re: Backing up 16TB of data (was Re: > 16TB worth of - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: Backing up 16TB of data (was Re: > 16TB worth of
Date
List pgsql-general
At 07:32 PM 4/25/2003 -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:
>Of course, assuming we want to backup the total 24 Terabyte he has in
>2-3 years in less than a day, if we have a month to take a backup we can
>save some money on the backup solution.

If you take the month approach, the filesystem/db snapshot has to stay in
place for a full month whilst the backup is occuring. Do-able, but can be
stressful e.g. if something goes wrong after trying for a full month...

But anyway he said off-line backups aren't that important - I gather that
recreating the data is not totally impractical. Still 16TB, ouch.

Regards,
Link.