Re: can't find files in pg_clog and invalid page - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Kavan
Subject Re: can't find files in pg_clog and invalid page
Date
List pgsql-general
At 03:19 PM 8/14/03 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>Adam Kavan <akavan@cox.net> writes:
> > [unstable failure messages]
> > Anyone know what I did to cause this?  Or is this some sort of bug or
> > hardware failure?
>
>I think you've got a hardware problem.  Have you run memtest86 or
>badblocks lately?
>
>                         regards, tom lane

My machine has passed badblocks and memtest86 with flying colors.  To fix
the table I did a TRUNCATE on it which seems to have worked, but I'm left
with a couple of questions.  First, will a TRUNCATEd page wind up in
another table and break it or is that bit fixed for good. Secondly, I have
been unable to recreate the error, ,so I feel it was probably just a fluke
does anyone disagree?

--- Adam Kavan
--- akavan@cox.net