Re: RE : full featured alter table? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ernest E Vogelsinger
Subject Re: RE : full featured alter table?
Date
List pgsql-general
At 16:21 16.06.2003, Mike Mascari said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>It's that last sentence:
>
>"The columns are referenced in the ascending sequence of their ordinal
>position within T."
>
>As Tom pointed out earlier, it may not make sense purely from a
>relational point of view, but it is required by the standard. Given
>that it is required, it would be nice if the user could modify the
>ordinal position within T.

Thanks for clearing this up! I had the perception column sequence was not
mentioned at all - too much time since I last read that stuff...

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Yes, but how much, and to what point? (not directed to you, but...)

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger
   (\)    ICQ #13394035
    ^     http://www.vogelsinger.at/