Re: help about running the postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Tim Finch
Subject Re: help about running the postmaster
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Juliet, can you please tell us what OS you are using, and whether you are
trying to start it as a service under NT/2K/XP or as a stand alone program
(9x/Me) please.

It doesn't appear that the four lines from debug you supply are really
showing an error, moreover just that the executable was found by using the
PATH environment variable. The last line refers to postmaster using the
cygipc daemon and if this is the last line in the log, perhaps your
problems lie with the cygipc install not postgreSQL?

Tim.