Re: Full Text Indexing, Modules, etc - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris
Subject Re: Full Text Indexing, Modules, etc
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey,

>1) I understand that there is a FTI "module" among the contribs, but the
>/contrib directory on all the mirrors I have checked is empty. So, where to I
>get the full text indexing stuff?
>
>2) What is required to get the full text indexing to work? I have installed
>PostgreSQL using the binary RPMs, and I don't really want to recompile it
>from sources (I like RPM). Is there a way to use "run-time" modules and
>insert them after compiling?

You have to install the postgresql-contrib RPM, then the contrib section is
located at /usr/lib/pgsql/contrib/

>3) I have failed to find any documentation on the subject of FTI and how to
>use it. All I have found is the reference that the documentation has been
>updated in 7.1.3 edition of the FTI module, but I have been unable to find
>the /contrib/fulltextindex directory. Where should I be looking? The main
>postgres ftp site always seems to be too verloaded...

In /usr/lib/pgsql/fulltextindex/
:)

Haven't used it myself so tips for getting it to work, I have none :)

      Chris Smith
http://www.squiz.net/