Re: Format of the Money field - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: Format of the Money field
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 12:55 02/02/01 -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Peter T Mount wrote:
>
> > When did the MONEY type change it's output format?
> >
> > While working on the JDBC test suite, Money broke. It seems to output:
> > $10.99
> > ($10.99) for negative values
> >
> > While since ages past, the PGMoney class interprets it as a number (no
> > currency symbol).
>
>Looking over at Thomas and asking him, his recollection is that it always
>had the currency symbol ... but he's not 100% certain about that ...
>
>Can you confirm with the 7.0.3 server?

As I just said to Mitch (who tested against 6.4 and it had the currency
symbol) no one must use Money via JDBC as no one's found it before. The
PGMoney class dates from the 6.2/6.3 days so it might date back that far.
I'll fix it anyhow.

Peter