Re: [GENERAL] Error when building new db using pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Longwill
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Error when building new db using pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/21/2017 05:30 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 06/21/2017 05:06 PM, Jim Longwill wrote:
>> On 06/21/2017 01:21 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:

>>> Nothing user created has comments by default.  \dd only shows a very
>>> limited subset of user created objects by default.  That you didn't
>>> explicit add comments to any of those types objects is unsurprising.
>>> See the docs for exactly what "\dd" and "\ddS" will consider.
>>>
>>> David J.
>> Ok.. I've tried again using psql \dd.. type commands to locate this
>> COMMENT object,
>> including as 'postgres' and in the source database of the tar file
>> but it does not show up.
>> Yes.. we have never put in any object comments, so it must have come
>> in from the postgres
>> installation.  It'll be tough to delete this thing if I can't find
>> it, but oh well!
>
> Did you try \dL?:
>
> test=> \dL
>
>                              List of languages
>
>    Name    |  Owner   | Trusted |               Description
>
> -----------+----------+---------+------------------------------------------
>

>  plpgsql   | postgres | t       | PL/pgSQL procedural language
>
>  plpythonu | postgres | f       | PL/PythonU untrusted procedural
> language
>

>> I won't worry about this much more, but if the system identifies it
>> as an error then
>> I thought it was at least worth making the inquiry.   Thanks!
>> --Jim  :^)

Ok.  Thank you for the input.  I do see the 'Description' of plpgsql
there.  So, if I can determine the source table(s) of this information
perhaps I could delete that particular value.    I tried the following
as per documentation:
   COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql IS NULL;
But it did not appear to remove the comment/description.   will
investigate further..
--Jim  :^)