Announcement - PostgreSQL Performance Conference - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Baron Schwartz
Subject Announcement - PostgreSQL Performance Conference
Date
List pgsql-general
For those who are interested in performance overall and want a good
free technical conference, we're holding our first Performance
Conference.  Bullet points:

* April 22 and 23, Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, California USA
* Same time & place as MySQL Conference http://www.mysqlconf.com/
* Free.  No registration required (but optional registration appreciated).
* Technical.  Every speaker has been asked to keep it technical.
* Intense.  It runs all day long, and talks are short.
* Not about databases, it's about performance.  But we have lots of
database talks on the schedule.
* http://conferences.percona.com/
  - schedule at
http://conferences.percona.com/percona-performance-conference-2009/schedule.html
  - register at
http://conferences.percona.com/percona-performance-conference-2009/registration.html

As an example, Cary Millsap will be speaking on performance
instrumentation.  Cary is a leading figure in Oracle performance.  His
book //Optimizing Oracle Performance// should be required reading for
all database developers, not just Oracle developers.  And of course,
there will be several names PostgreSQL folks will recognize, including
Selena Deckelmann, Robert Treat, Robert Hodges, and David Fetter.

I hope to see you there.

Baron

--
Baron Schwartz, Director of Consulting, Percona Inc.
Our Blog: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/