Re: Proposal: Save user's original authenticated identity for logging - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jacob Champion
Subject Re: Proposal: Save user's original authenticated identity for logging
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2021-03-23 at 14:21 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I am not really sure that we need to bother about the ordering of the
> entries here, as long as we check for all of them within the same
> fragment of the log file, so I would just go down to the simplest
> solution that I posted upthread that is enough to make sure that the
> verbosity is protected.  That's what we do elsewhere, like with
> command_checks_all() and such.
With low-coverage test suites, I think it's useful to allow as little
strange behavior as possible -- in this case, printing authorization
before authentication could signal a serious bug -- but I don't feel
too strongly about it.

v10 attached, which reverts to v8 test behavior, with minor updates to
the commit message and test comment.

--Jacob

Attachment