Re: Question about PG_CONTROL_VERSION 1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Condor
Subject Re: Question about PG_CONTROL_VERSION 1
Date
List pgsql-general
On 14-04-2021 17:41, Tom Lane wrote:
> Condor <condor@stz-bg.com> writes:
>> I try restore from old hard drive an database. The system is not
>> working, so I install new server, install postgres 9.0.3 and try to
>> copy
>> postgresql dir to new location but I receive error:
>
>> 2021-04-14 11:47:04.205 UTC [10285] FATAL:  database files are
>> incompatible with server
>> 2021-04-14 11:47:04.205 UTC [10285] DETAIL:  The database cluster was
>> initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 1, but the server was compiled
>> with
>> PG_CONTROL_VERSION 903.
>> 2021-04-14 11:47:04.205 UTC [10285] HINT:  It looks like you need to
>> initdb.
>
> Yeah, that's corrupt :-(.  Probably if you try pg_controldata you'll
> find that pg_control is a complete mess.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hello,

thank you. I resolve the issue and get my data back successful. I create
a new database and check the number that new database is created and I
replace only datafiles from old directory to new one. In few years back
I was trying to start similar topic without success, when you have the
data but indexes and/or transaction log is corrupt / broken, how to get
the data back without indexes and transactions log. I export my old
data. Thanks again.

Regards,
HS