Re: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO A DATABASE IN A WEB SERVER. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Joshua Tolley
Subject Re: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO A DATABASE IN A WEB SERVER.
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:47:03AM -0500, JORGE MALDONADO wrote:
>    I have checked the configuration files on the server machine as follows:
>    * The listen_addresses parameter in postgresql.conf equals *.
>    * The pg_hba.conf has an entry of type=host, database=all, user=all,
>    IP-Address=192.168.1.77/32, Password=md5.

Your listen_addresses setting clearly has taken effect, or you
wouldn't get the error message you report, but after creating that entry in
pg_hba.conf, did you reload the configs or restart the database? Another
possibility is that you've got some other entry overriding the one you
created, earlier in the pg_hba.conf file. Perhaps you could post your entire
pg_hba.conf.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation