Re: Slow update - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Bendik R.Johansen
Subject Re: Slow update
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello, thank you for the quick reply.

I am running version 8.0.1

Below is the schema for the table i will be using. I tried dropping the
index, but it did not help.

                                        Table "no.records"
    Column    |           Type           |
Modifiers
-------------+--------------------------
+-------------------------------------------------------
  id          | integer                  | not null default
nextval('"no".records_id_seq'::text)
  origid      | integer                  |
  cid         | character varying(16)    | default ''::character varying
  category    | integer[]                |
  name        | character varying(255)   | not null default
''::character varying
  address     | character varying(128)   |
  street      | character varying(127)   |
  postalcode  | integer                  |
  postalsite  | character varying(64)    |
  email       | character varying(64)    |
  website     | character varying(64)    |
  phone       | character varying(16)    |
  fax         | character varying(16)    |
  contact     | character varying(64)    |
  info        | text                     |
  position    | point                    |
  importid    | integer                  |
  exportid    | integer                  |
  created     | timestamp with time zone |
  creator     | integer                  |
  updated     | timestamp with time zone | default
('now'::text)::timestamp(6) with time zone
  updater     | integer                  |
  uid         | integer                  |
  relevance   | real                     | not null default 0
  phonetic    | text                     |
  uncertainty | integer                  | default 99999999
  indexed     | boolean                  | default false
  record      | text                     |
     "records_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
     "records_category_idx" gist (category)
     "records_cid_idx" btree (cid)
     "records_uid_idx" btree (uid)