Re: allow online change primary_conninfo - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-03-28 11:49, Sergei Kornilov wrote:
> I attached updated patch: walreceiver will use configured primary_slot_name as temporary slot name if
wal_receiver_create_temp_slotis enabled.

The original setup worked consistently with pg_basebackup.  In
pg_basebackup, if you specify -S/--slot, then it uses a permanent slot
with the given name.  This is the same behavior as primary_slot_name has
now.  We should be careful that we don't create two sets of
options/settings that look similar but combine in different ways.